Our Commitment to Safety and Security
Martz is deeply committed to providing the highest levels of safety and security for our customers and colleagues. We have created this culture through ongoing training of each member of our organization, and we reinforce it every day in every interaction with our staff, management, vendors and riders. Every Martz driver receives a minimum of 168 hours of intensive basic training, which includes classroom work, a skills course and highway driving. Martz is among a small number of motor coach operators that utilize a driving simulator to enhance training. Training and performance monitoring is ongoing. Electronic devices and covert highway observations ensure that Martz drivers are performing according to our high safety standards. Martz motor coaches are equipped with GPS and cameras, which monitor every driver and coach location. Advanced communication systems ensure that all coaches are in contact with our operational centers. Martz receives the highest possible ratings from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Department of Defense, Transportation Security Administration and Transportation Security Exchange. Martz safety and training personnel are active members of professional organizations committed to motor coach safety and security. Martz’s reputation in the motor coach industry has brought requests from other motor coach companies to provide training and expertise to their drivers and safety departments.
Security and Travel
Comfort, safety, and service have defined our commitment to customers since 1908. Now, because of the uncertainties in the post-9/11 world, we want to remind you of a fourth defining focus: your security. Martz has always guarded the security of its customers and employees. However, the times in which we live and travel together have forged a new urgency to do even more. To that end, we at the Martz Trailways have created and implemented Security Policies and Procedures that add greater emphasis, reinforcement and reassurance to all aspects of security for personnel and passengers.
Here’s a partial list of actions that we have taken:
- We have established more security-minded hiring procedures.
- We have developed a more stringent program of clear employee identification.
- We have provided enhanced security on our motorcoaches.
- We have given all relevant employees training on Security Awareness.
- We have twenty- four hour video surveillance.
- We have initiated specific and comprehensive steps for responding to security threats or crises.
- We are informing you of this, not to frighten you, but to put your mind at ease. You can travel with any member company of the Martz Group with the reassurance that we are dedicated to preventing security issues, as well as to responding to them successfully if any should occur.
Security is a part of safety, and your safety continues to be our utmost concern.